Careers with Sky Heart
- Do you view home health care as a calling, not just a job?
- Are you energized by helping bring a more wonderful quality of life to those for whom you provide care?
- Do you enjoy being in service of a humane mission greater than yourself?
We are always open to speaking with professionals who answer “YES” to questions like these.
Below are summaries of our primary positions; we encourage you to review the complete job descriptions. If you believe you are well-suited to one, please submit your resume for review. We regret that we cannot provide personal follow up to every submission.
Service Supervisor (RN)
- Service Supervisors assess patients’ home environments and instruct patients and their families. They must be able to work independently and may supervise Nurse Aides in in-home settings
- Service Supervisors travel to patients’ homes, hospitals, assisted/independent living facilities and other sites, assessing patients and their associated needs, develop POC for each patient. Service Supervisors must be available both by phone and in person for the hours the agency provides care to clients.
They must be a “health care practitioner” which means an individual who is licensed, certified or registered to engage in the practice of medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy or any related occupation involving the direct provision of health care to patients. (G.S. 90-640(a)).
In a home care agency, the Nurse Aide (NA) is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who would work directly under the supervision and direction of the Service Supervisor and provides various services for the client, the majority of which would be personal care and activities of daily living. They must be listed on the NA registry. At least one year of healthcare experience is preferred.
The Companion Sitter is a non-medical member of the home care team who performs household tasks and provides supervision and activities that allow the client to remain in the home. The Companion Sitter is responsible for observing the client’s activities and reporting those observations, to the Director and or Service Supervisor. They are also expected to engage the client in activities that are of interest to the client.